A New Start (seen by someone as"stupid" but whatever)
I propose we start a new world, with the old world region files included in a far-away place from spawn for nostalgia sake.
Justification for a server reset:
- The old world got a bad spawn point. So much of Unterganger City is desert, and it's a pain to develop this biome as you'd have to manually replace every single sand block on the surface with grass.
- The good biomes have been taken by Athyras. If you've done your homework, this place until recently is off-limits to many of us. To add insult to injury, someone's illusion of grandeur left large swaths of these desirable biomes to waste, which most players found an eyesore (and needless additional work to get developed).
- The new, exciting 1.7.2 biomes are too far away.
- The area around spawn is tbh a mess. Plus we don't have a proper spawn area.
Conditions for the new world:
- The world seed include the following close to spawn/origin (~2000-3000 blocks):
- A mesa biome
- An icy biome (bonus for icy spikes biome)
- Plains, forest or other temperate biomes on spawn/origin itself
- To address criticism about this plan being called "stupid", include the old world's region files in the new world, but offset its location to a far-enough distance from spawn. Now you can't complain about losing all your "nostalgia".
- A nicer-looking spawn, perhaps with a plaza. Probably adopt a grid and plot system for players' builds around spawn.
I already got a good candidate seed for this plan: -4859472873764690177. This has been previewed with AMIDST and it looks very promising. I've yet to actually generate a world with this seed for an assessment.